Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
REPEATING: Tue 12/01/2021 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: The Fire; The Kokatahi Band; John & James Carty and Green Ginger.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Green Ginger: Les quatre nymphes (6.09) "Four cotillions by M. Antoine" Green Ginger Band, 2000. (CD) [EN] (https://greengingerband.co.uk)
2. Entrada: The rights of man (4.25) (Traditional) "Entrada" Entrada, 2020. (CD) [NZ] (https://www.facebook.com/EntradaDuo) [Ng 1676, Session #83]
3. The Bothy Band: Pipe on the hob / Hag at the church (4.55) (Traditional; Traditional) "Out of the wind, into the sun; Bothy Band; Paul Metsers" Private recording LUN013, 1977. (Digital file) [NZ] [Ng 1585, Session #81; Ng 787]
4. The Dubliners: The Fairmoye lasses / Sporting Paddy (1.53) (Traditional; Traditional) "A drop of the hard stuff" Decca LKM6014, 1967. (LP) [UK] [Ng 622, Session #219; Ng 1814, Session #430]
5. Finbar Furey: Roy's hands (3.00) (Finbar Furey) "Traditional Irish pipe music" Transatlantic XTRA 1077, 1969. (LP) [UK] [Ng 6123]
6. Doc & Merle Watson: Fisher's hornpipe / Devil's dream (1.42) (Traditional; Traditional) "Songs Doc didn't sing" FLi CD3001-2, 2020. (CD) [US] (https://fliartists.com/fli- records) [Ng 2460, Session #872; Ng 502, Session #259]
7. The Kokatahi Band: The mountains of Mourne / My wild Irish rose / Sweet Rosie O'Grady (3.38) (Thomas Moore; Chancellor Olcott; Maude Nugent) "The centenary album" Kiwi CD SLC-274, 2009. (CD) [NZ] (http://www.kiwipacific.com) [Roud 18229, Session #6747; Buchanan #635.2; Roud 16222]
8. Tristram Robson & Jane Robson: Come ye not from Newcastle / Alston flower show / Mount your baggage (4.27) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "New horizon: Northumbrian pipers" NPS NPS 1, 1988. (LP) [UK] [Roud 8086, TUNEdb #4855; Session #2755; Folktunefinder #135737]
9. John & James Carty: The drummer boy: The drummer / The laddie with the pladdie (2.39) (Traditional; Traditional) "The wavy bow collection" Racket Records RR015, 2020. (CD) [IE] (http://www.johncartymusic.com) [Ng 661, Session #1394; Ng 3398, Session #2986]
10. The Berkeley Scottish Players: I'll mak ye fain to follow me: Earl of Morton's jig / Kiss me fast / I hae laid a herring in saut (4.35) (William Gow; Traditional; Traditional) "Heather and yon: a musical miscellany of Scotland's dances" Cabbage Records 402, 1978. (LP) [US] (http://www.mcowen.net/) [-; folktunefinder #144741; Session #4935]
11. Séamus Walshe & Grainne Hambly: Doctor O'Neill's jig (3.05) (Traditional) "Turas" Séamus Walshe, 2014. (CD) [IE] (http://www.seamuswalshe.net) [Ng 523, Session #1304]
12. The Fire: The Robert Burns medley: There was a lad / The bairns gat out / Wee Willie Grey / Stumpie (4.18) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Marigold" The Fire 666449098093, 2021. (CD) [US] (https://www.firescottishband.com) [-; Buchanan #273.1; Session #17103; MyStrathspey #1673]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment