Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 30/05/2021 0004-0100 NZST
REPEATING: Tue 1/06/2021 1605-1700 NZST.
STREAMING LIVE: radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: The Goodman Tunes Trio; Michael Gorman & Margaret Barry; Tim Hill and Joe Davidenko.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. The Clutha: Maids o' the Black Glen / Back o' the moon / Donald Willie and his dog / I ha' laid a herrin' in saut (3.38) (Traditional; Archie Kenneth; PM Donald Morrison; Traditional) "The bonnie mill dams" Topic 12TS330, 1977. (LP) [SC] [topicrecords.co.uk] [CeolSean #4497; MyStrathspey #5061; pipetunes.ca #1704; Session #4935]
2. Willie Hunter, Gibbie Gray & Billy Kay: The left-handed tushkar / Miss Susan Cooper (2.15) (Ronnie Cooper; Ronnie Cooper) "Shetland fiddle music (Scottish tradition vol. 4)" Tangent TNGM117, 1973. (LP) [ZE] [-; Buchanan #182.1]
3. The SíFiddlers: Paddy's trip to Scotland / Dinky Dorrian's reel / The Shetland fiddler (4.03) (Traditional; Francie Byrne; Traditional) "Donegal fiddle" The SíFiddlers SIF001, 2020. (CD) [IE] [sifiddlers.com] [Ng 1533, Session #1303; Ng 512, Session #24; Ng 1764, Session #97]
4. Coleman Country Traditional Society: Lord Gordon's reel (2.56) (Traditional) "Music from the Coleman country" Leader LEA 2044, 1972. (LP) [IE] [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
5. Séamus Ennis: Kiss the maid behind the barrel (4.32) (Traditional) "The wandering minstrel: Séamus Ennis uillean pipes" Topic 12TS250, 1974. (LP) [IE] [topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 1050, Session #676]
6. Michael Gorman, Margaret Barry & Tommy McGuire: The maid I ne'er forgot (2.17) (Traditional) "Irish music in London pubs, edited by Peter Siegel" Folkways FW03575, 1965. (Digital album) [IE] [folkways.si.edu] [Ng 752]
7. Judy Hyman & Jeff Claus: Flowers and olives (3.27) (Judy Hyman) "Old-time sweethearts (pt 1)" Dittyville, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [dittyville.com]
8. Joe Davidenko: Polka ciacia lala (3.02) (Traditional) "Solo & display music (Folk music in America vol. 14)" Library of Congress LBC14, 2013. (Digital album) [US] [research.culturalequity.org/home-audio.jsp]
9. Pete's Posse: Train to Frances: Mad River / New York Queen / Train to Frances (6.46) (Pete Sutherland; Tristan Henderson; Oliver Scanlon) "Ya know, ya never know (disc 2)" Epact Music, 2020. (CD) [US] [petesposse.com]
10. Patrick Street: Na ceannabhain bhana / Paidin O Raifeartaigh (2.21) (Traditional; Traditional) "Travels with Loftus Music" Loftus LM011, 2020. (CD) [SC] [loftusmusic.com] [Ng 1136, Session #612; Ng 4569, Session #8983]
11. Tim Hill: Pop it in the pawn shop / The clock in the steeple (2.36) (Traditional; Traditional) "Music at the Gate" Tim Hill 725272730706, 2019. (CD) [IE] [facebook.com/hillandrhodes] [-; Ng 1606, Session #13297]
12. Mick O'Brien, Emer Mayock & Aoife Ní Bhriain: Fáinne geal an lae / The cauliflower / Kissing and drinking (5.55) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Tunes from the Goodman Manuscripts" Is Mise 003, 2012. (Digital album) [SC] [goodmantunestrio.bandcamp.com] [Ng 475; Ng 5029; Ng 6673]
Buchanan: Tom Buchanan's Scottish Tome
CeolSean: Ceol Sean [bagpipe music]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
Add a Comment