Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 1/08/2021 0004-0100 NZST
Tune in at midnight Saturday, NZ time. Or click here for
STREAMING or PODCAST available for 7 days after broadcast at:
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Mark Schatz & Bryan McDowell; Martin McGinley; Mozaik and The Nordic Fiddlers Bloc.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Boghall and Bathgate Caledonia Pipe Band: Modern: The Heningham reunion / Exercise for strikes / The kitchen maid / Inspector Donald Campbell of Ness / A call to the gathering / The piper's bonnet / The lads of Kilmarnock / Mrs Doreen Lawrie / Pedal pins (6.23) (Bruce Gandy; Duncan Johnstone; Traditional; PM Peter Roderick MacLeod; PM Don Bradford; Traditional; Traditional; Angus Lawrie; Perry Gauthier) "Inspired in Belfast" Monarch CDMON 844, 2001. (CD) [CA] [krl.co.uk] [-; -; Session #4140; Session #10633; -; MyStrathspey #8331; -; -; -]
2. The Kana Street Kilties: Welcome to Stirling (1.59) (Alexander T Cameron) "The drunken piper of Banvie" Kana St Kilties, 2017. (album) [NZ] [kanastkilties.bandcamp.com]
3. Mozaik: The long and the short of it / De doi (2.54) (Donal Lunny; Traditional) "The long and the short of it" Mozaik MOZCD03, 2019. (album) [US] [mozaik.ie]
4. The Belhavel Trio: Brian O'Lynn / The rakes of Clonmel (2.59) (Traditional; Traditional) "Irish dance music, edited by Reg Hall" Folkways FW08821, 1973. (album) [IE] [folkways.si.edu] [Ng 238, Session #830; Ng 1637, Session #1130]
5. Martin McGinley: The Killybegs reel / The yellow tinker (3.18) (Traditional; Traditional) "Full circle: traditional fiddle music from Donegal" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF010, 2021. (album) [IE] [donegalfiddlemusic.ie] [Ng 245, Session #344; Ng 552, Session #1554]
6. The Nordic Fiddlers Bloc: Myrstacken (3.19) (Erik Öst) "Bonfrost" NFB Records NFBCD004, 2020. (album) [SE] [thenordicfiddlersbloc.com]
7. Gentle Annie: Forked deer (2.11) (Traditional) "Hamilton Folk Festival 1980: Final concert, 2/2" Private recording, 1980. (Cassette) [NZ] [TMLotm #003606]
8. Adeline: Stoney Fork (4.10) (Traditional) "Adeline" Owl Music OWL001, 2021. (album) [US] [adelineoldtime.com]
9. Mark Schatz & Bryan McDowell: Kensington Station (2.53) (Mark Schatz) "Grit & polish" Patuxent CD348, 2021. (CD) [US] [pxrec.com]
10. Kevin Burke & Cal Scott: Stella's waltz (3.43) (Cal Scott) "Travels with Loftus Music" Loftus LM011, 2020. (CD) [IE] [loftusmusic.com]
11. Mick O'Brien, Emer Mayock & Aoife Ní Bhriain: The black bird (3.34) (Traditional) "Tunes from the Goodman Manuscripts" Is Mise 003, 2012. (album) [IE] [goodmantunestrio.bandcamp.com] [Ng 165]
12. At First Light: Johnny going to the ceili / Sean Maguire's reel / John Doherty's reel / The first month of summer (3.44) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Sound neighbours" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40544CD, 2007. (album) [IE] [folkways.si.edu] [-; -; Ng 7509; Ng 633, Session #493]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
Add a Comment