Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
BROADCAST: Sun 8/05/2022 0004-0100 NZST.
REPEATING: Tue 10/05/2022 1605-1700 NZST.
STREAMING LIVE: radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Mike Stevens; Tim Cummings & Pete Sutherland; The Susie Simpson Trio and Martin McGinley.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Robert Wiseman Dairies Vale of Atholl Pipe Band: Beth Tobin / Elizabeth Kelly's delight / Jig of slurs / Callum Townsley's trip to Belfast / The Highland clearances / Craig a' bhodich / The fiddler's joy / Fleshmarket Close / The happy onion chopper (6.12) (Uncredited; Traditional; PM George S MacLennan; Uncredited; Andy M Stewart; PM Donald P MacLeod MBE; PM John A McLellan; Michael Grey; PM Andy Renwick) "World Pipe Band Championships 2004, vol 2" Monarch CDMON 860, 2004. (CD) [SC] [krl.co.uk] [-; Ng 292, Session #953; Ng 936, Session #35; -; -; -; MyStrathspey #1979; -; -] [ISRC: GBAAU0402705]
2. VicFolk: The May morning dew / Tobin's favourite / Garrett Barry's jig (3.42) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "The Llamacaust and Radio Active sets" VicFolk, 2017. (Digital single) [IE] [vicfolkmusic.wordpress.com] [Roud 5405, Ng 2239, Session #8547; Ng 1917, Session #308; Ng 702, Session #544]
3. Packie Manus Byrne: The price of the shoes / The price of the shoes 2 / The price of the shoes 3 (2.20) (Anonymous; Anonymous; Anonymous) "The London Folk Song Cellar" Private recording, 1968. (Audiotape) [IE]
4. Noel Rutherford: The flight of the Wild Geese (6.40) (Traditional) "The parting of friends" Sheila Ramsay, 2002. (CD) [NZ]
5. Phamie Gow: TGV: fast train (4.07) (Phamie Gow) "Dancing hands" Wildfire GOW002, 2005. (CD) [phamiegow.com]
6. Mike Stevens: Grumbling old man, grumbling old woman (2.36) (Traditional) "Breathe in the world, breathe out music" Stony Plain Records SPCD1452, 2022. (Digital album) [CA] [stonyplainrecords.com] [ISRC: CABD82001998]
7. Blair Douglas: Western soul (5.54) (Blair Douglas) "Angels from the ashes" Ridge Records RR029, 2004. (CD) [ridge-records.com]
8. Tim Cummings & Pete Sutherland: Donny's in the slop / Katy Bess of Tennessee (2.53) (Traditional; Traditional) "The birds' flight" Timothy Cummings, Pete Sutherland, Brad Kolodner 700261487519, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [birchenmusic.com] [ISRC: QM9AA2095948]
9. Martin McGinley: Stirling Castle / Miss Ramsey (2.25) (Dr Charles Bannatyne; Traditional) "Full circle: traditional fiddle music from Donegal" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF010, 2021. (Digital album) [SC] [donegalfiddlemusic.ie] [Ng 1835, Session #1762; Ng 1314, Session #2982] [ISRC: IEBQY2100008]
10. Kenny Hall & The Skiffle Symphony: Indian war whoop (2.43) "All night long" Skiffle Symphony, 2002. (CD) [US] [mailto:email@example.com]
11. Wendy Stewart: Jean Stewart of Moniaive (2.21) (Wendy Stewart) "Standing wave" Greentrax CDTRAX 242, 2003. (CD) [greentrax.com] [ISRC: GBBDY0324212]
12. The Susie Simpson Trio: Furth o' Clyde / Mrs Margaret Holmes / Miss Ann Rutherford (3.10) (Muriel A Johnstone; Ian Holmes; Walter Rutherford) "Our favourite Scottish country dances" Bryansroom Recordings BRCD087, 2019. (CD) [SC] [bryansroom.co.uk] [MyStrathspey #3804; MyStrathspey #2683; MyStrathspey #2571]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Add a Comment