Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 6/10/2019 0004-0100 NZDT
REPEATING: Tue 8/10/2019 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Séamus Walshe; Brett Ratliff & Jesse Wells; Buille and d'Bize.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Séamus Walshe: Quilty fisherman / Off to the Highlands (3.03) (Séamus Walshe; Pat McNamara) "Traditional music of Ireland on button accordion re-release of the acclaimed 1981 album" Séamus Walshe 689232078300, 2002. (CD) [IE] (http://www.seamuswalshe.net) [Ng 5310; Ng 6769]
2. Buille: A major minor victory / The flying studio (5.06) (Niall Vallely; Niall Vallely) "Beo" Crow Valley CVCD0005, 2015. (CD) [IE] (http://www.crowvalleymusic.com)
3. Eric Falconer: Memories of Eddie (2.34) (Eric Falconer) "The road to Yair" Brigside BS159, 2019. (CD) [SC] (https://ericfalconer.scot)
4. Arise & Go: Jean-Paul jigs: Le tourment / Korolenko (3.28) (Jean-Paul Loyer; Jean-Paul Loyer) "Meeting place" Arise & Go AGRCD002, 2019. (CD) [US] (http://ariseandgo.org) [Session #6148; Session #8770]
5. d'Bize: Frenchies reels: Scottish (French march) / Mother's delight / Humours of Westport (4.09) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Storm party" Echowreckids EWCD001, 2016. (CD) [IE] (https://www.facebook.com/dbizemusic) [Session #6650; Session #242; Ng 870, Session #47]
6. The High Level Ranters: The Great North run / Gateshead stadium (3.00) (Robert Whitehead; Forster Charlton) "Gateshead revisited" Common Ground CGRC005, 1990. (Cassette) [UK] (http://www.highlevelranters.co.uk)
7. VicFolk: Leslie's march (1.40) (William Reeve) "The Llamacaust and Radio Active sets" VicFolk, 2017. (Digital file) [NZ] (https://vicfolkmusic.wordpress.com) [Ng 1120]
8. Brett Ratliff & Jesse Wells: Lost hornpipe (2.51) (Traditional) "Just around the bend: survival and revival in Southern banjo sounds (disc 2)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40207, 2019. (CD) [US] (http://www.folkways.si.edu)
9. Michael Hebbert: Auld Donald / Untitled / Merry month of May / Off to Charleston (4.26) (Traditional; Uncredited; Traditional; Uncredited) "The Rampin' Cat: songs, ballads and English country dance tunes, played on the Jeffries Duet concertina" Free Reed FRR009, 1977. (LP) [UK] (http://www.freedmus.demon.co.uk/FRRVINYL.HTM) [MyStrathspey #6138; -; -; -]
10. Winston "Scotty" Fitzgerald: The mill of Newe / Mrs J Forbes (2.14) (Alexander Walker; Alexander Walker) "It's new" Celtic CX40, 1964. (LP) [CA] [Snyder #2052; Snyder #1525]
11. Steve Eulberg: Morning pages (4.29) (Steve Eulberg) "Between the tracks: Steve Eulberg - fingerstyle guitar" Owl Mountain OMMCD1901, 2019. (CD) [US] (http://www.owlmntnmusic.com)
12. Yankee Ingenuity: Painter's polka (2.18) (Traditional) "Kitchen junket: traditional New England square dances and music" Fretless FR200A, 1977. (LP) [US] [Session #15198]
13. McBain's Scottish Country Dance Band: JB Milne / Kirk's hornpipe / Miss E Lyall (4.25) (Angus Fitchet; Traditional; Traditional) "Let's all go Scottish country dancing" Pye TRO174, 1971. (LP) [UK] [MyStrathspey #757; MyStrathspey #2399; MyStrathspey #4236]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time via http://player.wizz.co.nz/kidnappers/
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment