Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 18/10/2020 0004-0100 NZDT
REPEATING: Tue 20/10/2020 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Tumbling Tom; Andy May; Yankee Ingenuity and Éalú.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Paul Cherrington: Sunset over Cucklett Delf (2.24) (Paul Cherrington) "Martin and me: solo guitar instrumentals" Providence Music PRCD5514, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://cherringtonandward.co.uk)
2. Kenneth Lindberg & Jörgen Axelsson: Engelska 2 (1.45) "The music of Sweden" ARC Music EUCD1718, 2002. (CD) [UK] (http://www.arcmusic.co.uk)
3. Andy May: The omnibus / The Marquis of Waterford's hornpipe (2.55) (James Hill; James Hill) "The lads like beer: the fiddle music of James Hill's Tyneside" Mitchell Music MM01, 2013. (CD) [SC] (https://www.theladslikebeer.com) [Ng 1826, Session #1249; Session #6832]
4. Máirín Fahy: Trip to Australia: Maud Millar / The chattering magpie / Wissahickon Drive (4.01) (Traditional; Traditional; Liz Carroll) "The reel thing" Universal Music NZ UMD74047, 1998. (CD) [NZ] (http://www.universalmusic.co.nz) [Ng 1237, Session #65; Ng 308, Session #1045; Ng 4252, Session #1769]
5. Sean Maguire: Garrett Barry's favourite / The luckpenny (2.39) (Traditional; Traditional) "It was mighty: the early days of Irish music in London (disc 3) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD679T, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk) [Ng 702, Session #544; Ng 1167, Session #1334]
6. Bobby Casey & Andy Boyle: Lucy Campbell / The bucks of Oranmore / Rakish Paddy (5.10) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "It was great altogether: the continuing tradition of Irish music in London (disc 1) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD680T, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk) [Ng 1168, Session #1552; Ng 241, Session #2; Ng 1640, Session #86]
7. Éalú: Jigs: The Killavil jig / Father Quinn's jig / The wheels of the world (3.23) (Traditional; Seán Ryan; Traditional) "A tune for the road" BT Ryan 5390108245454, 1998. (CD) [IE] (mailto:email@example.com) [Ng 1025, Session #667; Ng 4866, Session #8181; Ng 2056, Session #1652]
8. Yankee Ingenuity: Star breakdown: Joys of Quebec (3.43) (Fortunat Malouin) "Kitchen junket: traditional New England square dances and music" Fretless FR200A, 1977. (LP) [US] [Snyder #1050]
9. Winston "Scotty" Fitzgerald: Springbank House / The Devil's delight (3.10) (James Scott Skinner; Dan R MacDonald) "It's new" Celtic CX40, 1964. (LP) [CA] [Snyder #3080; Snyder #1052]
10. Caitlín Nic Gabhann: The Leeside sessions / The reel with the beryl / John Naughton's Green fields of America (4.03) (Caitlín Nic Gabhann; Traditional; Traditional) "Caitlín" Caitlín Nic Gabhann CNG1, 2012. (CD) [IE] (http://www.caitlin.ie) [Ng 5952; Ng 1665; Ng 775]
11. The Abbey Ceili Band: Paddy Fahy's jig / Biddy the bould wife (2.04) (Paddy Fahey; Traditional) "Bóthar na réidhe = The level road" Abbey Ceili Band 5060051826436, 2009. (CD) [IE] (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) [Ng 5350, Session #2667; Ng 147, Session #4785]
12. Troy MacGillivray & Shane Cook: For Nuala: Swinging on a gate / John's tune / For Nuala (4.43) (Traditional; John Afton MacLellan; Troy MacGillivray) "When here meets there" Trolleymac 620953332920, 2008. (CD) [CA] (http://www.troymacgillivray.com) [Ng 1868, Snyder #1757; Snyder #5449; Snyder #5450]
13. Tumbling Tom: Astleys ride / Lichfield Tattoo (3.38) (Traditional; Traditional) "Beats working" Tumbling Tom, 1999. (CD) [EN] (http://www.tumblingtom.co.uk) [Session #7288; TMLpub #006114]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment