Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 28/02/2021 0004-0100 NZDT
REPEATING: Tue 2/03/2021 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Green Ginger; Clare Céilí Band; The SíFiddlers and Pete's Posse.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Scottish Power Pipe Band: MacNeill's march / Atholl cummers / McAllister's dirk (4.24) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Piping all over the world: 30th anniversary of KRL (disc 1)" Monarch CDDMD6002 2008. (CD) [SC] [http://www.krl.co.uk] [-; Session #1749; TUNEdb #13538]
2. The Fire: Farewell to Gibraltar: The 79th farewell to Gibraltar / Lord Seaforth's reel / Haugh's of Cromdale / Lord Finlater's reel (4.2) (PM John MacDonald; Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Marigold" The Fire 666449098093 2021. (Digital album) [SC] [https://www.firescottishband.com] [MyStrathspey #3744; Ng 3789, Snyder #1687; Ng 2145, Session #1113; -]
3. Ralph Doody: Grey eagle / Bill Cheatham (1.2) (Traditional; Traditional) "Douglastown: music and song from the Gaspé Coast" Douglastown Community Centre DOUG001 2014. (CD) [US] [http://www.douglastown.net] [TMLotm #4097; TMLblu #932]
4. Danny Meehan: The Japanese hornpipe (1.19) (Traditional) "Drimalost and beyond: traditional fiddle music from Donegal (disc 2)" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF008 2011. (CD) [IE] [http://www.donegalfiddlemusic.ie] [Ng 2556]
5. Whirligig: Smyling Kate / Horseman's port (5.17) (Traditional; Traditional) "First frost" Lochshore CDLDL1302 2001. (CD) [SC] [http://www.krl.co.uk] [MyStrathspey #1771; -]
6. Green Ginger: Merry wives of Westminster (3.5) (Ignatius Sancho) "Four dances from Ignatius Sancho’s Twelve country dances of 1779" Green Ginger Band 2000. (Digital album) [EN] [https://greengingerband.co.uk]
7. Bobby Casey & Willie Clancy: The old bush / The Chicago reel (2.29) (Traditional; Traditional) "It was mighty: the early days of Irish music in London (disc 1) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD679T 2015. (CD) [IE] [http://www.topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 1454, Session #1499; Ng 310, Session #840]
8. Gjesdalringen: Styggen på Løå (2.46) (Traditional) "Traditional music from Norway" ARC Music EUCD2007 2006. (CD) [NO] [http://www.arcmusic.co.uk]
9. The Kokatahi Band: The shearer's jamboree (2.14) (Joan Martin & Eric Tutin) "On tour / Pride of the West Coast: Two albums from The Kokatahi Band" Kiwi CD SLC- 273 2009. (CD) [NZ] [http://www.kiwipacific.com]
10. Pete's Posse: Fine times: Fine times at our house / Nancy King / The cuckoo's nest / The holly bush (4.47) (Traditional; David Kaynor; Traditional; Traditional) "Ya know, ya never know (disc 1)" Epact Music 2020. (CD) [US] [https://petesposse.com] [Session #7853; Session #7853; Ng 429, Session #9800; Ng 2844, Session #1566]
11. John & James Carty: Mazurkas: Peeler's Creek / Verona's mazurka (3.38) (Traditional; Traditional) "The wavy bow collection" Racket Records RR015 2020. (CD) [IE] [http://www.johncartymusic.com] [Session #6634; -]
12. Clare Céilí Band: Marshall's jigs: The flowers of The Burren / I will if I can / The maid in the meadow (3.13) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Turas ceoil" Clare Céilí Band 0719452221597 2020. (CD) [IE] [mailto:email@example.com] [Ng 548, Session #4899; Ng 342, Session #1248; Ng 1838, Session #942]
13. The SíFiddlers: Jackson's reel / The oak tree (4.08) (Traditional; Traditional) "Donegal fiddle" The SíFiddlers SIF001 2020. (CD) [IE] [http://sifiddlers.com] [Ng 914, Session #3033; Ng 1434, Session #212]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment