Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 16/05/2021 0004-0100 NZST
REPEATING: Tue 18/05/2021 1605-1700 NZST.
STREAMING LIVE: www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-743...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Mick O'Brien, Emer Mayock & Aoife Ní Bhriain; Tim Hill; The Kana Street Kilties and Kevin Burke.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. The Fire: The Sunday marathon: Buchanan Street / Wake up, it's 6pm / The Sunday marathon (4.01) (Adam Hendey; Adam Hendey; Adam Hendey) "Marigold" The Fire 666449098093, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [www.firescottishband.com]
2. Tim Hill: Jim Conroy's jig / The miners of Wicklow / Billy McCormack's jig (4.18) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Music at the Gate" Tim Hill 725272730706, 2019. (CD) [IE] [www.facebook.com/hillandrhodes] [Ng 938, Session #1173; Session #9066; Ng 3361, Session #4591]
3. Mick O'Brien, Emer Mayock & Aoife Ní Bhriain: Reel 97 / The tinker's frolic / Light Horse reel (2.48) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Tunes from the Goodman Manuscripts" Is Mise 003, 2012. (Digital album) [IE] [ttps:/] [Ng 6666; Ng 4518; Ng 6667]
4. The Kana Street Kilties: Farewell to Gallipoli (2.37) (Alexander T Cameron) "The drunken piper of Banvie" Kana St Kilties, 2017. (Digital album) [NZ] [kanastkilties.bandcamp.com]
5. Martin McMahon & Teresa McMahon: Speed the plough (2.41) (Traditional) "It was mighty: the early days of Irish music in London (disc 3) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD679T, 2015. (CD) [IE] [www.topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 1803, Session #901]
6. Jimmy Power: Whelan's jig / The lark in the morning (2.35) (Tommy Whelan; Traditional) "It was great altogether: the continuing tradition of Irish music in London (disc 1) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD680T, 2015. (CD) [IE] [www.topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 1699, Session #1447; Ng 1971, Session #397]
7. Séamus Walshe: Moving cloud / Charlestown (3.20) (Néillidh Boyle; Traditional) "Turas" Séamus Walshe, 2014. (CD) [IE] [www.seamuswalshe.net] [Ng 1357, Session #1091; Ng 495, Session #7671]
8. Golden Bough: Mona's delight (4.03) (Traditional) "Celtic mystery vol. 2" ARC Music EUCD1756, 2002. (CD) [IM] [www.arcmusic.co.uk] [TMLpub #6932]
9. Danny Meehan: Anthony Kelly's highland (1.46) (Traditional) "Drimalost and beyond: traditional fiddle music from Donegal (disc 2)" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF008, 2011. (CD) [IE] [www.donegalfiddlemusic.ie] [Ng 1177]
10. Vincent Campbell: Mickey Doherty's (1.09) (Traditional) "The purple heather: traditional fiddle music from Donegal (disc 1)" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF006, 2009. (CD) [IE] [www.donegalfiddlemusic.ie] [Ng 500, Session #46]
11. Matthew McGranaghan: Leaving Lerwick Harbour (3.55) (Willie Hunter) "The fiddle music of Donegal (vol. 3)" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF003, 2000. (CD) [ZE] [www.donegalfiddlemusic.ie] [Session #1874]
12. Kevin Burke: O'Carolan's concerto / Loftus Jones (5.09) (Turlough O'Carolan; Turlough O'Carolan) "Travels with Loftus Music" Loftus LM011, 2020. (CD) [IE] [www.loftusmusic.com] [Ng 1437, Session #788; Ng 2119, Session #640]
13. The Berkeley Scottish Players: Willie wi' his tartan trews / The Haddington Assembly / Lady Charlotte Murray's jig (5.49) (William Fraser; Niel Gow) "Heather and yon: a musical miscellany of Scotland's dances" Cabbage Records, 1978. (LP)  [www.mcowen.net/]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment