Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 26/09/2021 0004-0100 NZST
REPEATING: Tue 28/09/2021 1605-1700 NZST.
STREAMING LIVE: radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Brad Kolodner & Ken Kolodner; Ceolbeg; Pat Roche's Harp And Shamrock Orchestra and Tim Hill.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Ceolbeg: The sleeping tune (3.35) (Gordon Duncan) "Music and song of Scotland: top Scottish singers and musicians" Greentrax CDGMP8017, 2021. (Digital album) [SC] [greentrax.com] [Session #7425]
2. Jack Budge: My mother (3.03) (William A Budge) "Friends and memories" Jack Budge, 2004. (CD) [NZ]
3. Glencraig Scottish Dance Band: Seton's Ceilidh Band / Cecil and Mona Tulloch / Ron and Evelyn Wake / The bonanza two-step (4.36) (Bruce Fordyce; Charlie Kirkpatrick; Sandy Nixon; Iain T MacPhail) "Old time dances - Ah'm dancin'" Greentrax CDTRAX369, 2012. (CD) [SC] [greentrax.com] [MyStrathspey #2846; MyStrathspey #5894; MyStrathspey #1537; MyStrathspey #3670]
4. The Caledonians: Buchan eightsome: The wind that shakes the barley / Mrs McLeod / Fairy dance / De'il amang the tailors / The mason's apron (6.44) (Traditional; Traditional; Nathaniel Gow; Traditional; Traditional) "Songs and dances of Scotland" Viking VP129, 1964. (LP) [NZ] [Ng 2077, Session #116; Ng 1310, Session #75; Ng 593, Session #424; Ng 502, Session #259; Ng 1230, Session #74]
5. Clare Céilí Band: Mountain road / Kilfenora reel / Boys of Ballysodare / The dawn (3.43) (Michael Gorman; Traditional; Traditional; Seán Ryan) "Turas ceoil" Clare Céilí Band 0719452221597, 2020. (CD) [IE] [mailto:email@example.com] [Ng 1350, Session #68; Ng 2901, Session #7648; Ng 206, Session #535; Ng 2851, Session #167]
6. Brad Kolodner & Ken Kolodner: Five miles from town (3.08) (Traditional) "Chimney swifts" Fenchurch Music FEN-ED-12, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [kenkolodner.com] [ISRC: USFVZ2190497]
7. Pat O'Malley & Frank Keating: Whiskey Island polka (1.31) (Traditional) "Classic Celtic music from Smithsonian Folkways (Classic series vol. 20)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40560CD, 2013. (Digital album) [CA] [folkways.si.edu] [ISRC: USSF17952104]
8. Pat Roche's Harp And Shamrock Orchestra: The boys of Blue Hill / The stack of wheat (3.19) (Traditional; Traditional) "Irish dance music, edited by Reg Hall" Folkways FW08821, 1973. (Digital album) [IE] [folkways.si.edu] [Ng 207, Session #651; Ng 1825, Session #785] [ISRC: USSF17382110]
9. Cathal McConnell & Robin Morton: Gather round the fire / Brereton's reel (2.18) (Traditional; Martin Mulhaire) "An Irish jubilee: traditional Irish songs and music" Topic 12T290, 1976. (LP) [topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 6009; Ng 222]
10. Gibbie Gray: More grog coming / The lass that made the bed for me (1.34) (Traditional) "Shetland fiddle music (Scottish tradition vol. 4)" Tangent TNGM117, 1973. (LP) [ZE] [Session #14403; Session #16582]
11. Coleman Country Traditional Society: Strike the gay harp / Lough Gowna jig (3.14) (Walker Jackson; Traditional) "Music from the Coleman country" Leader LEA 2044, 1972. (LP) [IE] [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] [Ng 1845, Session #1216; -]
12. Tim Hill: The shoemaker's daughter / The market day / Music at the Gate (3.42) (Ed Reavy; Ed Reavy; Traditional) "Music at the Gate" Tim Hill 725272730706, 2019. (CD) [IE] [facebook.com/hillandrhodes] [Ng 2389, Session #1832; Ng 1227, Session #7195; Ng 1379, Session #17866]
13. The Charlie Jemmett Scottish Country Dance Band: Hamilton House: The new bumpkin / There came a young man / The Alyth tattie pickers (4.28) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "An evening of Scottish country dancing" EMI NZ PRA784, 1975. (LP) [NZ] [MyStrathspey #6252; Ng 3678, MyStrathspey #2918; MyStrathspey #5130]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Add a Comment