Traditional Irish Music
Radio Hawke's Bay (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
BROADCAST: Sun 27/11/2022 0004-0100 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: radiohawkesbay.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Eabhal; Claire Gullan and friends; Tony McManus and Clare Céilí Band.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Paul Metsers: Still trying (2.21) (Paul Metsers) "Momentum" Highway SHY7021, 1982. (LP) [EN] [ISRC: USHM91952724]
2. Merle Travis: Goodbye my bluebell (1.58) (Martin Christian) "The Merle Travis story: 24 greatest hits" CMH Records CMH9018, 1979. (Digital album) [US] [cmhrecords.com] [ISRC: USEWC0767809]
3. Terry McDade and the McDades: Bring a torch (3.17) (Traditional) "Midwinter" Free Radio Records, 2001. (Digital album) [FR] [themcdades.com] [ISRC: CAF390100008]
4. Bríd Harper: The Abbey Tavern / Bailey View (3.08) (Charlie Lennon; Charlie Lennon) "Inis" Bríd Harper, 2022. (CD) [IE] [bridharper.com] [Session #10833; Session #10840] [ISRC: FR9W12136457]
5. Tony McManus: Bidh Clann Uillaidh (3.42) (Traditional) "The silver wren" SGO/BMG Music 198002615527, 2021. (Digital album) [SC] [ttps:/] [ISRC: USL4R2131152]
6. Claire Gullan and friends: Netty's Tree (Craobh Netty) (1.40) (Claire Gullan) "Netty's Tree (Craobh Netty)" Claire Gullan Music CGM1, 2019. (Digital single) [SC] [clairegullanmusic.co.uk]
7. Eabhal: Windsong (5.38) (Hamish Napier) "This is how the ladies dance" Eabhal Music EAB01, 2019. (Digital album) [SC] [eabhal.com] [ISRC: GB94R1800519]
8. You, Me, Everybody: Brushmonkey (2.47) (Nat Torkington) "Southern sky" Second Hand Records, 2021. (CD) [NZ] [wemavericks.com.au] [ISRC: NZRI12003816]
9. Robbie Hobkirk: Bonnie Galloway / Mist covered hills of home (2.28) (Traditional; Traditional) "The Borders: songs and dances of the Scottish-English Border" Folkways FW08776, 1960. (Digital album) [SC] [folkways.si.edu] [Buchanan #559.2; Ng 1319, Session #3411]
10. Therese McInerney & Marian Curtin: Trip to Mount Bernadette / The hearty boys of Ballymote / Only for Barney (4.21) (Rory McMahon; Traditional; Josephine Keegan) "The youth that belonged to Miltown" Therese McInerney TAM001, 2022. (Digital album) [IE] [theresemcinerney.com] [-; Ng 2319, Session #5808; Ng 4645, Session #9119] [ISRC: IENXX2200014]
11. Con Cassidy: Alec McConnell's waltz (2.27) (Traditional) "Con Cassidy vol. 2: traditional fiddle music from Donegal (disc 2)" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF013, 2022. (Digital album) [IE] [donegalfiddlemusic.ie] [ISRC: IEBQY2200040]
12. Clare Céilí Band: Flatwater Fran / Kevin Keegan's waltz (4.35) (Phil Cunningham MBE; Traditional) "Seoda céilí" Clare Céilí Band 0794775954622, 2022. (CD) [IE] [mailto:email@example.com] [Ng 5856, Session #10668; Ng 4524, Session #8798] [ISRC: IERUD2200006]
13. Adelaide Scottish Fiddle Club: The house at Lonely Hill (5.04) (Catherine Fraser) "Blue tassels" Adelaide Scottish Fiddle Club, 2019. (Digital album) [AU] [adelaidescottishfiddleclub.com.au]
Buchanan: Tom Buchanan's Scottish Tome
Radio Hawke's Bay extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Hawke's Bay programmes and broadcasters visit radiohawkesbay.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Hawke's Bay 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: radiohawkesbay.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1604 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: radiohawkesbay.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cda53-9044-4c56-8333-83e275094084
Add a Comment