Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 5/05/2019 0004-0100 NZST
Tune in at midnight Saturday, NZ time. Or click here for
STREAMING on http://pebbles.wizzhosting.co.nz/rk
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.accessradio.org/ProgrammePage.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Aoibheann & Pamela Queally; The Occasionals; Seamus Sands and Fiachra O'Regan.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Aoibheann & Pamela Queally: Seanduine / Champagne jig goes to Columbia / Malcolm's new fiddle (3.23) (Traditional; Liz Carroll; Jerry Holland) "Beyond the bellows & the bow" Aoibheann & Pamela Queally APQCD001, 2019. (CD) [IE] (https://thequeallysisters.bandcamp.com) [Ng 1754, Session #5647; Ng 2998, Session #2438; Ng 2226, Session #9347]
2. Seamus Sands: Slieve Donard (2.11) (Traditional) "A deep pool" Seamus Sands SSSCD200, 2018. (CD) [IE] (http://seamussands.com) [Ng 7653]
3. Fiachra O'Regan: The frieze britches (4.22) (Traditional) "Aisling gheal: traditional Irish music on the uilleann pipes" Fiachra O'Regan 5391512444365, 2008. (CD) [IE] (http://www.fiachrapipes.com) [Ng 677, Session #34]
4. Bobby Casey: The beauty spot (1.18) (Traditional) "It was mighty: the early days of Irish music in London (disc 1) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD679T, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk) [Ng 135, Session #1270]
5. Ted McGraw: Dusty miller / Road to Sligo (2.33) (Traditional; Traditional) "80 years in the making" Edward McGraw 888295827898, 2018. (CD) [US] (http://www.tedmcgraw.com) [Ng 563, Session #28; Kerr 4 #242]
6. Séamus McGuire: Roslin Castle (2.59) (Traditional) "The legacy of Stephen Grier" McGuireLeeMusic MCGLMCD022018, 2018. (CD) [IE] (https://www.mcguireleemusic.com) [MyStrathspey #5650]
7. Hanz Araki: The Harp and Shamrock / With her long golden hair (3.52) (Pat Crowley; Junior Crehan) "Little fires" Wildwood Music HA002, 2007. (CD) [US] (http://hanzaraki.com) [Ng 4509, Session #1802; Ng 825, Session #2006]
8. Bob Cann: Harry Gidley's waltz (2.56) "Proper job: melodeon playing from Dartmoor" Veteran VT138CD, 1999. (CD) [UK] (http://www.veteran.co.uk)
9. Máire Ni Chathasaigh & Chris Newman: The hidden pearl (3.54) (Traditional) "Dialogues: agallaimh" Old Bridge OBMCD14, 2001. (CD) [UK] (http://www.oldbridgemusic.com)
10. Blair Douglas: Angels from the ashes (4.57) (Blair Douglas) "Angels from the ashes" Ridge Records RR029, 2004. (CD) [SC] (http://www.ridge-records.com)
11. James Ross: O mo dhúthaich (3.58) (Traditional) "James Ross" Greentrax CDTRAX 284, 2006. (CD) [SC] (http://www.greentrax.com)
12. Trio Threlfall: The rose polka (2.30) (Traditional) "Anglo international (disc 1)" Folk Sound FSCD 70, 2005. (CD) [EN] (http://www.folksound.co.uk)
13. Austin Dawes, Seanin McDonagh & Bobby Ramsey: The telegraph jig / Out on the ocean (2.01) (Traditional; Traditional) "It was great altogether: the continuing tradition of Irish music in London (disc 3) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD680T, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk) [Session #15527; Ng 1489, Session #108]
14. The Occasionals: The shanty set: Whisky / Across the Western Ocean / The plains of Mexico / One more day / Can you dance the polka (2.50) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "The music and the land (the concert)" Greentrax CDTRAX 392, 2016. (CD) [SC] (http://www.greentrax.com) [-; Roud 8234; Roud 207; Roud 704; -]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers visit us at http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/prog_fos.php
Mitch and Robyn Park(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Add a Comment