Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 17/05/2020 0004-0100 NZST
REPEATING: Tue 19/05/2020 1605-1700 NZST.
STREAMING LIVE: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Jimmy Little & Kathy Anderson; The Simon Howie Scottish Dance Band; Séamus Walshe and Frank George.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Séamus Walshe: Swallow's nest / Katie's fancy / Munster bacon (3.05) (Ed Reavy; Traditional; Traditional) "Clare accordion" Séamus Walshe 53915240290604, 1996. (CD) [IE] (http://www.seamuswalshe.net) [Ng 5060, Session #5695; Ng 1013, Session #3701; Ng 1371, Session 2684]
2. Hanz Araki: The hairy chested frog / The fairy hurlers / The hare's paw / The hairy dogleaf (4.07) (Bobby Casey; Traditional; Traditional; Francis O'Connor) "At our next meeting" Little Sea Records 666449041297, 2019. (CD) [US] (http://www.littlesearecords.com) [Ng 5715; Ng 696, Session #11839; Ng 807, Session #1462; Ng 2570, Session #2185]
3. Todd Menton: Kitchen girl [Menton] (4.34) (Todd Menton) "Where will you land" New Folk Records 6952, 2003. (CD) [US] (http://www.newfolkrecords.com)
4. Tabache: Waves of Rush / The Duke of Fife's welcome to Deeside / Touching cloth (5.17) (Aidan O'Rourke; James Scott Skinner; James Kelly) "Waves of Rush" Lochshore CDLDL1283, 1999. (CD) [SC] (http://www.krl.co.uk) [Session #2531; Snyder #732; Ng 918, Session #1413]
5. Aryeh Frankfurter: The morning dew (5.10) (Traditional) "Celtic harp: the morning dew" ARC Music EUCD1791, 2003. (CD) [UK] (http://www.arcmusic.co.uk) [Ng 1340, Session #69]
6. Néillidh Boyle: The River Roe (1.35) (Traditional) "A feeling in the blood: traditional fiddle music from Donegal (disc 1)" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF007, 2010. (CD) [IE] (http://www.donegalfiddlemusic.ie)
7. Frank George: Liza Jane (1.45) (Traditional) "Just around the bend: survival and revival in Southern banjo sounds (disc 1)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40207, 2019. (CD) [US] (http://www.folkways.si.edu) [Roud 825, Randolph #435]
8. Olga Mischula & Kermash: Introduction and czardas (1.36) (A Zigankov) "The art of the Belorussian dulcimer" ARC Music EUCD1477, 1998. (CD) [UK] (http://www.arcmusic.co.uk)
9. Jimmy Little & Kathy Anderson: Underhand / The steamboat (3.12) (Traditional; Traditional) "The lads like beer: the fiddle music of James Hill's Tyneside" Mitchell Music MM01, 2013. (CD) [SC] (https://www.theladslikebeer.com) [VWMLDT #95896; Ng 749, Session #312]
10. Stephen Baldwin: Haste to the wedding (0.40) (Traditional) "Here's one you'll like, I think" Musical Traditions MTDL364, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.mtrecords.co.uk) [Ng 809, TML #4364]
11. Robert Harbron: Rubbertoes (2.55) (Robert Harbron) "English international (disc 3)" Folk Sound FSCD 80, 2008. (CD) [EN] (http://www.folksound.co.uk)
12. Freeland Barbour: North American reels: Sally was a good 'un / Bowing the strings (1.56) (Traditional; Ivor Smith) "Scottish ceilidh music: the finest sounds in Scottish accordian music (vol. 1)" REL Records RECD494, 1994. (CD) [SC] (http://www.relrecords.com)
13. Rory Campbell: The grappa groove / Caitha's jig / The Straits of Corfu / The night we had the goats / Nighan caillach nan ceare (4.47) (Eilidh Shaw; Rory Campbell; Eddie McGuire; Traditional; Traditional) "Third grand concert of piping" Greentrax CDTRAX 260, 2004. (CD) [SC] (http://www.greentrax.com)
14. The Simon Howie Scottish Dance Band: Sophia's favourite: The craic at Clashmore Hall / Captain Carswell / Brian Bell (3.51) (Phil Cunningham MBE; PM Willie N Lawrie; George Bell) "The 2020 sound" Findony Music HOWIE04CD, 2019. (CD) [SC] (https://simonhowiedance.band/) [Session #14943; Ng 3920, Session #3512; MyStrathspey #5096]
Randolph: Vance Randolph, Ozark Folksongs (1946-1950).
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time via http://player.wizz.co.nz/kidnappers/
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment