Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
REPEATING: Tue 24/11/2020 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Kinnfolk; Séamus Walshe; Entrada and Doc & Merle Watson.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Séamus Walshe: Minnie Foster / The second star (3.16) (Traditional; Traditional) "Turas" Séamus Walshe, 2014. (CD) [IE] (http://www.seamuswalshe.net) [Ng 1296, Session #8116; Ng 6476, Session #2222]
2. Kinnfolk: New rigged ship / Lady's cup of tea / Drag her round the road (3.15) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Kinnfolk" Kinnfolk 888295981217, 2019. (CD) [US] (https://www.facebook.com/kinnfolk.music) [Ng 4399, Session #1204; Ng 4944, Session #8096; Ng 543, Session #1148]
3. Entrada: Myers Castle / Shandon bells (4.03) (Jonathan LeCoq; Traditional) "Entrada" Entrada, 2020. (CD) [NZ] (https://www.facebook.com/EntradaDuo) [-; Ng 1756, Session #1200]
4. Bobby Peterson: Wullafjord / Kail and knockit corn / MacDonald's reel (2.54) (Sir Alexander MacDonald) "Shetland fiddle music (Scottish tradition vol. 4)" Tangent TNGM117, 1973. (LP) [UK] [-; -; Ng 1157, Snyder #1705]
5. Aly Bain & Mike Whellans: Lucky can du link ony / Da Foostra / Aandowin' at the bow (1.41) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Aly Bain - Mike Whellans" Trailer LER2022, 1971. (LP) [UK] [Session #4766; Session #17176; Session #3235]
6. Green Ginger: Royal Scotch quadrilles no. 4: Major James Munro (4.13) ('Red' Robert McIntosh) "Royal Scotch quadrilles by Thomas Wilson from The Danciad, 1824" Green Ginger Band, 2000. (CD) [EN] (https://greengingerband.co.uk)
7. Anthony Robb & Colin Ross: Cut and dry dolly (2.47) (Traditional) "Cut and dry dolly" Topic 12TS278, 1976. (LP) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk)
8. Doc & Merle Watson: Carroll County blues (2.52) (Willie Narmour & Shell Smith) "Songs Doc didn't sing" FLi CD3001-2, 2020. (CD) [US] (https://fliartists.com/fli-records)
9. Tumbling Tom: Tower Farm / The Knott (3.01) (Hugh Taylor; Hugh Taylor) "Beats working" Tumbling Tom, 1999. (CD) [EN] (http://www.tumblingtom.co.uk)
10. Peter Clark & Gregor Lowrey: Earl Grey (1.54) (James Hill) "The lads like beer: the fiddle music of James Hill's Tyneside" Mitchell Music MM01, 2013. (CD) [SC] (https://www.theladslikebeer.com) [folktunefinder #139205]
11. Martin Byrnes & Reg Hall: Tarbolton / The Longford collector / The sailor's bonnet (3.32) (Traditional; ; Traditional) "Martin Byrnes (Masters of Irish music)" Leader LEA2004, 1969. (LP) [UK] (mailto:email@example.com) [Ng 1878, Session #560; Ng 1149; Ng 1716, Session #570]
12. Jim MacLeod and his band: Dovecote Park (2.14) (James Braidwood) "Jim MacLeod's golden hour of Scottish dancing" Pye GH 536, 1965. (LP) [UK] [MyStrathspey #408]
13. Séamus Ennis: The little stack of barley / Cronin's hornpipe (4.07) (Traditional; Traditional) "The wandering minstrel: Séamus Ennis uillean pipes" Topic 12TS250, 1974. (LP) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk) [Ng 1823, Session #2224; Ng 414, Session #478]
14. McBain's Scottish Country Dance Band: New Waterloo reel: Mr Marshall's compliments to Niel Gow / Alasdair of the Dun / The lass o' Gowrie (4.21) (William Marshall; Traditional; Traditional) "Scottish country dancing" Pye ARBS 176, 1973. (LP) [UK] [MyStrathspey #1082; MyStrathspey #1857; Buchanan #142.3]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment