Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 10/10/2021 0004-0100 NZDT
REPEATING: Tue 12/10/2021 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Hank Bradley, Rick Shubb & Doc Watson; Andy Irvine; Brad Kolodner and The Nordic Fiddlers Bloc.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. The Nordic Fiddlers Bloc: Bonfrost (3.22) (Kevin Henderson) "Bonfrost" NFB Records NFBCD004, 2020. (Digital album) [ZE] [thenordicfiddlersbloc.com] [ISRC: NOVYC2002120]
2. Michael J Cashin: Ginger's favourite / The bogs of Allen (2.49) (Traditional; Traditional) "Irish dance music, edited by Reg Hall" Folkways FW08821, 1973. (Digital album) [IE] [folkways.si.edu] [Ng 83, Session #299; Ng 251, Session #1003] [ISRC: USSF17382113]
3. Andy Irvine: Contentment is wealth / The shores of Lough Gowna (2.12) (Traditional; Traditional) "Old dog long road vol. 2, 1961-2015 (disc 2)" Andy Irvine AK-9, 2020. (Digital album) [IE] [andyirvine.com] [Ng 384, Session #6842; Ng 117] [ISRC: IEDXR2000015]
4. The Kana Street Kilties: Winnie Bristow (2.42) (Alexander T Cameron) "The drunken piper of Banvie" Kana St Kilties, 2017. (Digital album) [NZ] [kanastkilties.bandcamp.com] [ISRC: AUPAK1700013]
5. Tabache: Jack's christening: The blacksmith's reel / Hamish Moore's reel / Jack's christening / Traditional Irish jig (5.16) (Traditional; Fred Morrison; Aidan O'Rourke; Traditional) "Waves of Rush" Lochshore CDLDL1283, 1999. (CD) [SC] [krl.co.uk] [Ng 2161, Session #3636; -; -; -]
6. Shooglenifty: John McKenzie's fancy / The kitchen piper (4.53) (Jim A Barrie; Neil Dickie) "Folkal point: Edinburgh - traditional music from a new generation" Greentrax CDTRAX 168, 1998. (CD) [CA] [greentrax.com] [Session #10964; -]
7. Tommy Couper: Tommy's jig / The panda / The hag at the churn (2.48) (Tommy Couper; Gordon Duncan; Traditional) "The piper's muse" Lochshore CDLDL1275, 1998. (CD) [krl.co.uk] [-; -; Ng 787, Session #829]
8. Hank Bradley, Rick Shubb & Doc Watson: Ragtime Annie (2.57) (Traditional) "The Village out west: the lost tapes of Alan Oakes (disc 2)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40245, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [folkways.si.edu] [Ng 1634, Session #3954]
9. Brad Kolodner: Tuckerman Lane (2.26) (Brad Kolodner) "Chimney swifts" Fenchurch Music FEN-ED-12, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [kenkolodner.com] [ISRC: USFVZ2190505]
10. Kirk Sutphin: Lost train blues (1.13) "Classic railroad songs" Smithsonian Folkways SFW CD 40192, 2005. (CD) [US] [folkways.si.edu]
11. Olga Mischula & Kermash: Czardas (4.15) (Vittorio Monti) "The art of the Belorussian dulcimer" ARC Music EUCD1477, 1998. (CD) [arcmusic.co.uk]
12. Aly Bain & Phil Cunningham: The wee Bells of Tak-ma-doon Road / Glencoe village hall / Lady Mary Ramsay's reel (4.12) (Phil Cunningham MBE; Dan R MacDonald; Nathaniel Gow) "The ruby" Green Linnet GLCD 3123, 1997. (CD) [SC] [greenlinnet.com] [-; -; Ng 1314, Session #1639] [ISRC: US4TJ9712305]
13. Banchory Strathspey and Reel Society: John McDonald of Glencoe / Doctor McHardy / Sir David Davidson of Cantray (3.58) (PM Willie N Lawrie; James Scott Skinner; John Lowe) "A tune for Bill" Scotdisc CDITV641, 1998. (CD) [SC] [scotdisc.co.uk] [Buchanan #002; -; MyStrathspey #2134] [ISRC: GBBEX9800060]
14. Tim Hill: Bonnie Anne / The west wind / The Longford tinker (3.39) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Music at the Gate" Tim Hill 725272730706, 2019. (CD) [EN] [facebook.com/hillandrhodes] [Ng 2716, Session #1562; Ng 1747, Session #2837; Ng 1150, Session #369]
Buchanan: Tom Buchanan's Scottish Tome
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Add a Comment