Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 26/12/2021 0004-0100 NZDT
REPEATING: Tue 28/12/2021 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Annual roundup featuring: Glastur; Adelaide Scottish Fiddle Club; Cummings, Sutherland & Kolodner and Bùmarang.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. The Kokatahi Band: Scotland the brave / We're no awa' tae bide awa' (2.53) (Traditional; Traditional) "The centenary album" Kiwi CD SLC-274, 2009. (CD) [NZ] [kiwipacific.com] [Buchanan #066.1; -] [ISRC: NZKP00916005]
2. Clare Céilí Band: Kilrush polka 1 / Kilrush polka 2 (2.22) (Traditional; Traditional) "Turas ceoil" Clare Céilí Band 0719452221597, 2020. (CD) [IE] [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] [Session #252; Session #4319] [ISRC: IERUD2000014]
3. The Kana Street Kilties: At the Dardanelles (3.11) (Alexander T Cameron) "The drunken piper of Banvie" Kana St Kilties, 2017. (Digital album) [NZ] [kanastkilties.bandcamp.com] [ISRC: AUPAK1700008]
4. Denis Murphy: The mountain road (1.03) (Michael Gorman) "Classic Celtic music from Smithsonian Folkways (Classic series vol. 20)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40560CD, 2013. (Digital album) [IE] [folkways.si.edu] [Ng 1350, Session #68] [ISRC: USSF16378216]
5. Barry Kerr: Ships in full sail / The three sisters (3.35) (Traditional; Barry Kerr) "Sound neighbours" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40544CD, 2007. (Digital album) [IE] [folkways.si.edu] [Ng 219, Session #200; Ng 4592, Session #1582] [ISRC: USBJN0754404]
6. The Nordic Fiddlers Bloc: Schottishe Kerlou (3.12) (Calum Stewart) "Bonfrost" NFB Records NFBCD004, 2020. (Digital album) [FR] [thenordicfiddlersbloc.com] [Session #13807] [ISRC: NOVYC2002010]
7. Martin McGinley: The cage / Toss the feathers (1.57) (Martin McGinley; Traditional) "Full circle: traditional fiddle music from Donegal" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF010, 2021. (Digital album) [EN] [donegalfiddlemusic.ie] [-; Ng 1957, Session #113] [ISRC: IEBQY2100026]
8. Mick O'Brien, Emer Mayock & Aoife Ní Bhriain: Bonny Anne / I'm over young to marry yet / The Drummond lasses (2.47) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "More tunes from the Goodman Manuscripts" Is Mise 004, 2021. (Digital album) [IE] [goodmantunestrio.bandcamp.com] [Session #5861; Ng 5669, Session #1945; Ng 4130, Session #2498] [ISRC: IEFOD2000010]
9. The Susie Simpson Trio: Trip to Bavaria: Hamish's tune / Bill Sutherland / Miss Kay Rose / Jean Kirkpatrick's fancy (2.30) (Hamish Menzies; Adam Rennie; Iain T MacPhail; Adam Rennie) "Our favourite Scottish country dances" Bryansroom Recordings BRCD087, 2019. (CD) [SC] [bryansroom.co.uk] [Buchanan #178.2; MyStrathspey #1926; MyStrathspey #2605; MyStrathspey #2332]
10. Ron Hughey, Frank Hicks & Pete Everwine: Westphalia waltz (2.49) (Traditional) "The Village out west: the lost tapes of Alan Oakes (disc 1)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40245, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [folkways.si.edu] [Session #6876] [ISRC: USSF12024503]
11. Bùmarang: Weasel (4.46) (Dave Gossage) "Echo land" Fallen Tree FTRD1024, 2021. (Digital album) [CA] [fallentreerecords.com] [ISRC: CANOI2000002]
12. Cummings, Sutherland & Kolodner: Sheep in the clouds / Helluva fish (3.41) (Traditional; Traditional) "The birds' flight" Timothy Cummings, Pete Sutherland, Brad Kolodner 700261487519, 2021. (Digital album) [US] [birchenmusic.com] [ISRC: QM9AA2095949]
13. Adelaide Scottish Fiddle Club: Stryder's tune (3.41) (Susan van Beurden) "Blue tassels" Adelaide Scottish Fiddle Club, 2019. (Digital album) [AU] [adelaidescottishfiddleclub.com.au]
14. Glastur: From Glasgow to Asturias: Windmill Brae / Dropping in with the boys / The lagoon on a Sunday / Bob Mapper's trip to Tesco (4.50) (Mike Pont; Martin Laird; David Fernández; Amy Lewis) "Glastur" Glastur, 2021. (Digital album) [SC] [facebook.com/glasturband]
Buchanan: Tom Buchanan's Scottish Tome
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
Add a Comment