Traditional Irish Music
Radio Hawke's Bay (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
BROADCAST: Sat 8/10/2022 0004-0100 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: radiohawkesbay.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Kenneth I MacKenzie; Kyle Warren; Bríd Harper and Laura Flanagan.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Paddy Moloney: Taimse im chodladh (3.39) (Traditional) "The Celtic harp: a tribute to Edward Bunting, with the Belfast Harp Orchestra" RCA Victor 09026614904, 1993. (Cassette) [IE] [Ng 3109]
2. Kyle Warren: Solitaire (4.21) (Stuart Irvine) "Relentless" Greentrax CDTRAX 411, 2022. (Digital album) [SC] [greentrax.com] [ISRC: GBBDY2241108]
3. Aly Bain: Niel Gow's lament for his second wife (4.13) (Niel Gow) "Aly Bain - Mike Whellans" Trailer LER2022, 1971. (LP) [SC] [Session #1892]
4. Steeleye Span: Dowd's favourite / The ten-pound float / The morning dew (3.40) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Ten man mop or Mr Reservoir Butler rides again" Philips 6303065, 1972. (LP) [IE] [Ng 536, Session #229; Ng 1033, Session #1553; Ng 1340, Session #69]
5. Bríd Harper & Ronan Pellen: Mrs Judge (moderato) (2.38) (Turlough O'Carolan) "Inis" Bríd Harper, 2022. (CD) [IE] [bridharper.com] [Ng 2848, Session #1890] [ISRC: FR9W12136467]
6. Laura Flanagan: O'Flaherty's hornpipe / Callahan's hornpipe (5.01) (Traditional; Traditional) "The Great Southern Ocean" Laura Flanagan 700261481081, 2020. (Digital album) [IE] [lauraflanaganmusic.com] [Ng 640, Session #4247; Ng 267, Session #1349] [ISRC: QMEU32002873]
7. Alex Campbell: Whistling Rufus / Double eagle (1.51) (Kerry Mills; Josef Franz Wagner) "Alex Campbell in Copenhagen" Polydor 623035, 1965. (LP) [US] [Buchanan #433; -] [ISRC: DKEFA0107309]
8. Arnie Naiman: Take your time (3.00) (Arnie Naiman) "My lucky stars" Merriweather M01AN, 2016. (CD) [CA] [merriweather.ca] [ISRC: CARC31600041]
9. Paul Cherrington: Cincinnati flow rag (2.44) (Rev Gary Davis) "Martin and me: solo guitar instrumentals" Providence Music PRCD5514, 2015. (CD) [cherringtonandward.co.uk] [ISRC: GBAAS1500002]
10. Willie Clancy: The chanter's song (1.45) (Traditional) "Irish pipe and fiddle tunes" Topic TOP89, 1963. (45rpm) [IE] [topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 298, Session #2082]
11. Paddy Taylor: With Kitty I'll go (1.59) (Traditional) "It was mighty: the early days of Irish music in London (disc 1) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD679T, 2015. (CD) [IE] [topicrecords.co.uk] [Ng 4775] [ISRC: GBBHW1567907]
12. The Charlie Jemmett Scottish Country Dance Band: Miss Hadden's reel: The stone court / Dags awa' / Cholmondeley jig (4.29) (Margaret TW Rae; Charlie Jemmett; Charlie Jemmett) "RSCDS Summer School, Marton, 1975-76, final night" Private recording, 1976. (Cassette) [NZ] [MyStrathspey #1662; -; -]
13. Kenneth I MacKenzie: Alasdair Gillies MBE (2.35) (Kenneth I MacKenzie) "Glendrian" Caberfeidh Music CMCD02, 2021. (Digital album) [SC] [caberfeidhmusic.co.uk] [ISRC: SEYOK2210651]
14. Willie Hunter & Billy Kay: Leaving Lerwick Harbour (1.56) (Willie Hunter) "Shetland fiddle music (Scottish tradition vol. 4)" Tangent TNGM117, 1973. (LP) [ZE] [Session #1874]
Buchanan: Tom Buchanan's Scottish Tome
Radio Hawke's Bay extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong. For more on Radio Hawke's Bay programmes and broadcasters visit radiohawkesbay.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Hawke's Bay 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: radiohawkesbay.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8b81-7438-4da5-b2f9-d5dfc3ef3447
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1604 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: radiohawkesbay.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cda53-9044-4c56-8333-83e275094084
Add a Comment