Traditional Irish Music
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 10/11/2019 0004-0100 NZDT
REPEATING: Tue 12/11/2019 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Hanna Wiskari Griffiths; Across the Great Divide; Séamus Walshe and Leroy Troy.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Séamus Walshe: The Salamanca reel / The rainy day (3.06) (Traditional; Traditional) "Clare accordion" Séamus Walshe 53915240290604, 1996. (CD) [IE] (http://www.seamuswalshe.net) [Ng 1719, Session #99; Ng 1636, Session #1807]
2. d'Bize: Fisherman's lament (2.55) (Traditional) "Storm party" Echowreckids EWCD001, 2016. (CD) [IE] (https://www.facebook.com/dbizemusic)
3. Joe Whelan & Liam Farrell: Blackbirds and thrushes (2.46) (Traditional) "It was great altogether: the continuing tradition of Irish music in London (disc 3) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD680T, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk) [Ng 3989]
4. Éalú: Jigs: Castlekelly jig / Winnie Hayes' jig (2.26) (Owen Hackett; Traditional) "A tune for the road" BT Ryan 5390108245454, 1998. (CD) [IE] (mailto:email@example.com) [Ng 1680, Session #2252; Ng 2078, Session #797]
5. Leroy Troy: Bully of the town (1.42) (Traditional) "Just around the bend: survival and revival in Southern banjo sounds (disc 2)" Smithsonian Folkways SFW40207, 2019. (CD) [US] (http://www.folkways.si.edu) [Laws #I14, Roud 4182, DT #823]
6. Matt Molloy, Paul Brady, Tommy Peoples: The Limerick lasses / Foxhunters reel (2.07) (Traditional; Traditional) "Matt Molloy, Paul Brady, Tommy Peoples" Private recording, 2008. (CD) [IE] [Ng 1127, Session #516; Ng 669, Session #511]
7. Rebecca Richman: Lad O'Beirne's reel / The broken pledge / The humours of Westport (3.50) (Lad O'Beirne; Traditional; Traditional) "Rebecca Richman" Rebecca Richman, 2018. (CD) [US] (http://rebeccarichman.com) [Ng 1068, Session #406; Ng 234, Session #1423; Ng 870, Session #47]
8. Stephen Baldwin: Untitled polka (1.46) "Here's one you'll like, I think" Musical Traditions MTDL364, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.mtrecords.co.uk)
9. Hanna Wiskari Griffiths: Polonås from Sexdrega (2.22) "Polska dot tour" Glenn Kastrinos 888295803823, 2019. (CD) [NZ] (https://whimzik.wpengine.com)
10. VicFolk: The Blarney pilgrim (2.36) (Traditional) "The Llamacaust and Radio Active sets" VicFolk, 2017. (Digital file) [NZ] (https://vicfolkmusic.wordpress.com) [Ng 175, Session #5]
11. Across the Great Divide: The sleeping tune (3.53) (Gordon Duncan) "Uncommon ground" Curio Music CMNZ1801, 2018. (CD) [NZ] (https://acrossthegreatdivide.website) [Session #7425]
12. Máirín Fahy: Sunset at Bondi: Graf Spee / Gan ainm (3.28) (Traditional; Uncredited) "The reel thing" Universal Music NZ UMD74047, 1998. (CD) [NZ] (http://www.universalmusic.co.nz) [Ng 756, Session #581; -]
13. The Here and Now: The peacock's head: The peacock's feather / Helvic Head (3.50) (John Brady; Traditional) "The winding stair" The Here and Now 845121027204, 2018. (CD) [US] (https://www.thehereandnowmusicatx.com) [Ng 5836, Session #819; Ng 4586, Session #3110]
14. Tim Ball & Sophie Orzechowski: The green fields of America / Altan's reel / Never was piping so gay (3.18) (Traditional; Bob McQuillen; Ed Reavy) "Life of their own" Tim Ball & Sophie Orzechowski 888295366861, 2015. (CD) [US] (https://timballmusic.com) [Ng 775, Session #695; -; Ng 1402, Session #648]
15. Yankee Ingenuity: Peekaboo: Colored aristocracy / Ragtime Annie (3.49) (Traditional; Traditional) "Kitchen junket: traditional New England square dances and music" Fretless FR200A, 1977. (LP) [US] [-; Ng 1634, Session #3954]
Laws: G. Malcolm Laws, Jr., Native American Balladry (1964); and American Ballads from British Broadsides (1957).
DT (Digital Tradition): http://search.mudcat.org
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/
Mitch and Robyn Park(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time via http://player.wizz.co.nz/kidnappers/
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment