Traditional Irish Music
Playlist (16). Kidnappers Ceilidh, no. 560
Radio Kidnappers (NZ) 104.7MHz FM.
Broadcast: 15/03/2020 0004-0100 NZDT
REPEATING: Tue 17/03/2020 1605-1700 NZDT.
STREAMING LIVE: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Specialising in tradition-based instrumental music.
Today: Jim Lindsay; The Old Swan Band; Lucie Périer & Orwin Hébert and Séamus Walshe.
Artist: Title (Duration) (Composer/Lyricist) "Album title" Record Label CatNo, Date. (Medium) [Country] (E-Address) [Comment]
1. Jim Lindsay: Medley: For Ireland I'd not tell her name / Ewan Fraser McGlynn / Phil Cunningham / Kevin's reel (4.02) (Traditional; Fraser McGlynn; Alasdair MacCuish; Andrew Gifford) "An audience with The Accordion Champions: live at the Salutation Hotel, Perth" Leonard Brown LBCD015, 2019. (CD) [SC] (ttps:/) [Ng 2191; -; -; -]
2. Lucie Périer & Orwin Hébert: Old walls of Liscaroll / The road to Lisdoonvarna / The bag of spuds (2.54) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Apples in winter" Collectif Anémochore, 2019. (CD) [FR] (https://collectif-anemochore.wixsite.com/applesinwinter) [Ng 2381, Session #2899; Ng 1683, Session #250; Ng 99, Session #579]
3. Maureen Glynn School of Irish Music: Toss the feathers / The Pride of Rockchapel (1.43) (Traditional; Traditional) "Irish women musicians in America" Shanachie 79053, 1995. (CD) [US] (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) [Ng 1957, Session #113; Ng 1252, Session #1581]
4. Séamus Walshe: Hand me down the tackle / The humours of Tulla (2.01) (Traditional; Traditional) "Traditional music of Ireland on button accordion: re-release of the acclaimed 1981 album" Séamus Walshe 689232078300, 2002. (CD) [IE] (http://www.seamuswalshe.net) [Ng 797, Session #800; Ng 869,
5. Éalú: Jigs: The cliffs of Moher / Father Kelly's farewell (2.16) (Traditional; Seán Ryan) "A tune for the road" BT Ryan 5390108245454, 1998. (CD) [IE] (mailto:email@example.com) [Ng 338, Session #12; Ng 5537, Session #15616]
6. Matt Molloy: The Scotsman over the border / The Killavil (1.52) (Traditional; Traditional) "Matt Molloy, Paul Brady, Tommy Peoples" Private recording, 2008. (CD) [IE] [Ng 1733, Session #548; Ng 1025, Session #667]
7. Horslips: The high reel / Sligo maid / The reconciliation reel (2.39) (Traditional; Traditional; Traditional) "Horslips (Celtic collections)" Celtic Collections KMC450, 1996. (Cassette) [IE] [Ng 833, Session #44; Ng 1782, Session #399; Ng 1653, Session #1977]
8. Michael Gorman, Martin Wynne & Bill Rollison: The boys of the lough (2.15) (Traditional) "It was mighty: the early days of Irish music in London (disc 1) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD679T, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk) [Ng 210, Session #343]
9. Brian Rooney: The green mountain (1.08) (Traditional) "It was great altogether: the continuing tradition of Irish music in London (disc 2) (The voice of the people)" Topic TSCD680T, 2015. (CD) [UK] (http://www.topicrecords.co.uk) [Ng 2336, Session #166]
10. Vincent Campbell: The wind that shakes the barley (1.09) (Traditional) "The purple heather: traditional fiddle music from Donegal (disc 1)" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF006, 2009. (CD) [IE] (http://www.donegalfiddlemusic.ie) [Ng 2077]
11. Cillian Vallely: The bull's march: Bó Mhin na Toitean / 40 march / 40 reel (4.50) (Traditional; Niall Vallely; Niall Vallely) "The Raven's Rock" Cillian Vallely 700261440934, 2016. (CD) [IE] (http://www.cillianvallely.com) [Ng 3182, Session #5252; -; -]
12. John Doherty: The mountain road (2.12) (Michael Gorman) "The floating bow: traditional fiddle music from Donegal" Claddagh CCF31CD, 1996. (CD) [IE] (http://www.crl.ie) [Ng 1350]
13. Danny Meehan: The bold Robert Emmet / The blackbird (2.48) (Traditional; Traditional) "Drimalost and beyond: traditional fiddle music from Donegal (disc 1)" Cairdeas na bhFidileiri CNF008, 2011. (CD) [IE] (http://www.donegalfiddlemusic.ie) [Roud 3066; Ng 164, Session #1104]
14. Francie Byrne: The wild Irishman (1.09) (Traditional) "The brass fiddle: traditional fiddle music from Donegal" Claddagh CC44CD, 1987. (CD) [IE] (http://www.crl.ie) [Ng 652]
15. Derek Bell: Fanny Poer (3.15) (Turlough O'Carolan) "Carolan's receipt" Shanachie 79013, 1987. (Cassette) [US] (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) [Ng 1593, Session #957]
16. The Old Swan Band: Jimmy Duffy's barn dance no 1 / Jimmy Duffy's barn dance no 2 (3.46) (Eddie Duffy; Eddie Duffy) "Fortyfived" Wildgoose Studios WGS434CD, 2019. (CD) [UK] (http://www.wildgoose.co.uk) [Ng 948, Session #1920; Ng 2414, Session #1924]
Radio Kidnappers extends thanks to the companies and individuals who have provided recordings for review/play on Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh. Feedback is welcome, especially if we get the song attributions wrong.
For more on Radio Kidnappers programmes and broadcasters visit
Mitch and Robyn Park
(Folk on Sunday and Kidnappers Ceilidh, Radio Kidnappers 1431AM & 104.7FM)
1214 Louie Street
Hastings, NEW ZEALAND 4122. +64-6-8785395
Kidnappers Ceilidh STREAMING live Sundays at 0004 NZ time
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=0aed8...
Folk on Sunday STREAMING live Sundays at 1504 NZ time via http://player.wizz.co.nz/kidnappers/
ARCHIVED AT: http://www.radiokidnappers.org.nz/Programmes/Details.aspx?PID=bb9cd...
Add a Comment