Traditional Irish Music
The showcase will now close on December 31st with the final selected song being announced in January.
This gives you a few weeks to get your entry in. Instructions on how to submit are given below.
For this showcase we have teamed up with Christy Moore who will be listening to all of the songs submitted. He is excited by the prospect of discovering some great new material, and has also kindly offered an award of €500 for a song and writer that really touches a nerve with regard to the theme highlighted below.
Songs submitted so far
1. Submitted songs must be in the folk and ballad tradition.
2. Songs should be presented a cappella or with as little as possible in the way of background accompaniment. The use of a single instrument such as guitar or piano would be preferable.
3. The song must not have appeared on any commercial recording previously.
4. Only one song per writer can be submitted.
5. The composer and musicians performing the song must be detailed.
How to submit
1. Join www.tradconnect.com as notifications will be issued via the site
2. Upload your song to www.soundcloud.com. If you do not have a Soundcloud profile you can create one for free.
3. Once uploaded to Soundcloud, copy a link to the track and email it to Tradconnect at the email address detailed here. The content of the email must say "Songwriter Showcase 2014"
4. Within your email please provide some bio information on your background, the song, your music etc. This is important as it is presented in the various blogs we write. See this link which shows a similar format used recently for traditional tunes.
5. Songs will be posted on Tradconnect commencing 1st September 2014.
1. We have not set a closing date yet. This will be dictated by the volume of songs received. We expect it to run for at least 2 months starting in September 2014.
Some Other Information
1. Tradconnect can at any time cancel this showcase and will not be responsible for any costs or inconvenience suffered by the entrants.
2. The duration of this competition will be dictated by the volume of tunes that we receive and notice of the end date will be posted on Tradconnect and on Facebook/Twitter.
3. Please ensure that the sound quality and musicianship of the submissions is as good as possible. Use a competent musician that you know for the recording process if necessary.
The overall goal is to showcase as many new writers as possible. It is hoped that other recording artists that follow this campaign may pick up on some of this new material and record it.
Add a Comment